TURKISH STYLE EGGS WITH SOURDOUGH TOAST
Prep Time: 15 mins
1 large pinch of chilli flakes
1 large pinch sweet paprika
150g Greek (thick set) yoghurt
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 lemon, zest and juice
Salt and pepper to taste
4 slices of Sourdough
A drizzle of olive oil
2 garlic cloves (to rub on toast)
4 duck eggs
- Melt the butter ina pan, add the chilli flakes and sweet paprika and keep warm.
- Mix together the yoghurt, crushed garlic and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Brush the slices of Sourdough with olive oil and then rub with a garlic clove.
- Grill the bread in a pan until both sides are toasted and crisp.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add some lemon juice (or white wine vinegar if you have it). It’s best to use a tall pan and have it as full as possible.
- Swirl the water to form a vortex and crack an egg into the middle. Repeat with the remaining eggs and cook until you have the desired runny middle. For a runny duck egg yolk cook for around 5-7 minutes.
- Carefully remove the eggs from the pan and discard the water.
- Place a large spoonful of yoghurt mix into the centre of your dish and spread.
- Top with two poached eggs and spoon plenty of chilli butter over the top.
- Garnish with chopped dill, a grind of pepper and serve with two slices of toasted Sourdough.
CHEF'S TIP: Take the chill out of the yoghurt and bring it to room temperature before you eat.
Only ingredients available on Everyday Click & Collect will be added to your basket and quantities may be different from those stated above. Please check your basket before placing your order.