ST CLEMENT'S S'MORES BLONDIE
Prep Time: 30 mins
200g white chocolate, rougly chopped
3 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla paste or essence
200g golden caster sugar
225g plain flour
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 small orange, zest and juice
100g blood orange marmalade
- In a small saucepan, add a couple of inches of water and bring to a gentle simmer. Place a heatproof bowl over the saucepan ensuring the base of the bowl does not touch the water and the water doesn’t boil. Carefully add the butter and 100g white chocolate and gently stir to melt. Keep warm.
- Whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla until thick and creamy.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate mix to the beaten eggs and vanilla. Then fold in the flour, remaining white chocolate and the zest and juice from the orange and lemon.
- Pour the blondie batter into a greased brownie tin and bake in a preheated oven 190°C / 170°C fan / gas mark 5 for 25 minutes.
- Once the blondie is cool, spoon on the marmalade then evenly scatter the marshmallows on top.
- Grill until the marshmallows start to brown and become gooey.
- Cut and serve once the marshmallow crust has cooled.
Once you’ve mastered the basic blondie recipe you can add different flavours like cherry and almond or Macadamia nuts and raspberries.
Only ingredients available on Everyday Click & Collect will be added to your basket and quantities may be different from those stated above. Please check your basket before placing your order.