LANCASHIRE BUTTER PIE
Prep Time: 60 mins
For the shortcrust pastry:
400g cold butter, cut into cubes
800g plain flour
1 tsp salt
For the filling:
1kg Maris Piper potatoes, peeled
1 veg stock cube
1 brown onions
Salt and pepper
- For the pastry, rub the butter into the flour and salt with your fingertips until the butter has broken down and evenly mixed through the flour.
- Add two beaten eggs and the water, knead together until it forms a dough.
- Split the dough into roughly 2/3 and 1/3. Rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile for the filling, slice your peeled potatoes and bring them to the boil with plenty of water and the stock cube, until they are just cooked but hold their shape. Drain off the water and keep warm.
- Melt half of the butter in a pan and gently cook the sliced onions until soft.
- Lightly mix together the cooked potatoes and onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Grease your pie dish with a little butter. Roll out the larger piece of pastry then line the dish with the pastry.
- Fill with the potato and onion filling and thinly slice the last of the butter on top.
- Cover the filling with the smaller piece of rolled out dough and crimp the edges tight with your fingers.
- Egg wash the top and place in a preheated oven 180°C / 160°C fan / gas mark 5 for 30-35 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown on top.
Only ingredients available on Everyday Click & Collect will be added to your basket and quantities may be different from those stated above. Please check your basket before placing your order.